Suicide Ideation Diagnosis and Treatment
Suicide ideation is when a person fantasizes or thinks about self-harm or taking their own life.
Table of Contents
What is Suicide Ideation?
Suicide Ideation Scale
How Common Is Suicide Ideation?
Types of Suicidal Ideation
Causes and Risk Factors of Suicide Ideation
Common Causes of Suicide Ideation
There can be physical causes as well. If a person struggles with an injury, physical pain, or an illness, they may become more susceptible to mental health disorders and suicidal ideation.4
Suicide Ideation Risk Factors
- Previous attempt
- Going through a difficult life event that causes stress
- Feelings of isolation or hopelessness
- An undiagnosed or underlying mental health disorder
- A person has access to a firearm while contemplating suicide
- Family history of substance use disorders, mental health disorders, suicide, violence, or abuse
- Being a part of the LGBTQ+ community, especially if they live in a hostile environment
Signs and Symptoms of Suicide Ideation
Suicide Ideation Diagnosis
Suicide Ideation Assessment
Children and Teenagers
Suicide Ideation Treatment
Treatment Program at J. Flowers Health Institute
At J. Flowers Health Institute, they’ll do a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation program to identify any underlying conditions leading to suicide ideation. Then, they’ll use several different methods suited to your specific situation. If you or a loved one are struggling with suicide ideation, reach out to J. Flowers Health Institute today!